WHEN THINGS GET COMPLICATED
“The Character Crisis”
At West Suburban Bank, there’s no need to pretend to be someone you’re not. We like you just the way you are. That’s why we don’t want you jumping through hoops to do your banking. Our simple flexible checking system adapts to your needs. Watch our latest video and see how you can keep it #CoolOverComplicated. Then, stop in, call (630) 652-2000 or make an appointment with us to learn more about how you can avoid monthly fees, per check charges and minimum balance requirements. Being yourself over someone you not? Now, that adds up.
Connect With Us!
Call 630-652-2000 for information
Monday-Thursday 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 3:00 pm
It’s never too early or too late to start saving for the future. Whether you are saving for retirement, education, your child’s future, vacation, or just a rainy day, West Suburban Bank can help you.
Why is it important to save?
- The sooner you start saving, the more time your money has to grow.
- Education expenses are growing, setting up a savings account for school helps elevate the cost upfront.
- Life has unexpected expenses, having a savings account can give some piece of mind.
Tips for saving money:
- Save your spare change in a piggy bank, and then bring it to one of our locations to use the self-serve coin counting machine to turn that coin into savings.
- Put a portion of your income into a savings account and let it grow.
- Setting a budget and sticking to it is one great way to save money.
- Put your money into a high yield WSB savings account or money market to allow interest to grow.
- Set goals (short and long term) and keep those goals in mind to encourage saving.
Start saving today at West Suburban bank with just a $100 opening deposit! For more information and Terms and Agreements, go to www.westsuburbanbank.com/personal-savings.php. Let us help you set up a savings plan today!
For more tips follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram or visit us a www.westsuburbanbank.com.
As the weather begins to change and the colors of the leaves start to turn from green to orange, this is the perfect time to change the image on your debit and credit cards!
What is important to you? Your family? Your pets? Why not show them off every time you shop with a WSB MyCard. You can easily upload your favorite photo to appear on your debit and credit cards!
With the MyCard program from West Suburban Bank, customizing your debit and credit card is easy and only costs $7.50. Do you have a football or soccer player in your family this season? Show them that you’re their number one fan by putting their picture on your card! Fall is about sports, family, and fun. Show off your interest on an item you take with you everywhere you go.
Sorry we can’t accept any trademarked images but any personal image will work!
Go to https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/mycard.php to get started and to learn more!
With the growing use of online services, hackers have become an issue. West Suburban Bank offers convenient and user friendly online and mobile services to help minimize fraudulent activity from occurring on your WSB accounts.
Here are a few tips to help keep your accounts safe:
- Make sure to use a unique password for each site. This helps keep your other accounts safe if one of your passwords is compromised.
- When banking on a mobile device, the most important tip is to know where your mobile device is at all times. Make sure your phone locks after a certain amount of time (we recommend immediately) and create a password that only you know to get into your mobile device. If logging into your bank account using WiFi, only log in when connected to a secure, trusted WiFi source. This will prevent hackers from gaining access to your account.
- Keep your WSB debit and credit cards safe by using the CardValet app. With the CardValet app, you can instantly turn on and off your debit and credit card. You can get real-time alerts when your card is being used and even set transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations. These features ensure that you are the only one able to use your card.
Go to https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/CardValet.php to learn more about CardValet.
For more online and mobile banking tips, go to https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/online-banking-security.php
As time passes, we continue to grow, expand and try new things. What’s the latest on the West Suburban Bank front? This video!
Take a peek at how West Suburban Bank got started and why being a community-focused local bank means so much to us. Plus, learn a little about our exciting tech advancements that make banking with West Suburban Bank easier than ever. It’s very important for us to be the local bank that offers you what you need, when you need it.
We’re always working to help you out as much as possible, whether it’s through the Interactive Teller Machine (our very own real-time ATM machine where you can chat face to face with a teller), online banking or mobile banking features, our CardValet security option, account alerts or just working together here behind the bank doors.
Being one of the local banks in the Chicagoland area allows us to truly connect with our community and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So without further adieu, our latest video!
Connect With Us!
Call 630-652-2000 for information
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
First thing to do is look at a list of suggested items. Most schools provide them, if not here are some basic items:
Linens (check school’s bed dimensions)
- Extra throw blanket
- Mattress pad
- Laundry basket
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Mini sewing kit
- Drying Rack
- USB flash drive
- Loose leaf paper
- Calculator (see what the school recommends)
- Books (shop online for best deals)
- Lamp (if needed)
- Sticky Notes
- HDMI cord
- Mini Refrigerator
Many schools provide some items such as refrigerators and microwaves. It is important to make sure what the individual school already provides for each room.
One great way for all involved is to check with the roommate and see if there are some items to share. One roommate could buy a mini fridge and the other buys the TV. One could buy the drying rack and one can buy the other could buy the HDMI cord. One of the best ways to save money is to see what can be shared with your child and their roommate.
It is important to make sure that your child is signed up for a meal plan. Not all dorm rooms will provide a kitchen. Many schools offer different meal plans, make sure you select the one that makes the most sense for your child based on their diet. Many students like to keep food in the dorm for a quick meal or small snack, as well. Talk to your child about what would be the best for their needs.
Every parent wants to make sure that their child is not put in a situation where they do not have money in case of emergencies. Before sending them off to college, sign them up for a checking account here at West Suburban Bank. Even if they are going out of state, there is no need to change banks or get them an account at a bank near their school. If they need cash, they can always get cash back at the convenient store. If they need to deposit money into their account, they can scan their check using our mobile mBanking app.
This is an exciting time for you and your child. Enjoy it! This is their first step to becoming independent.