With the growing use of online services, hackers have become an issue. West Suburban Bank offers convenient and user friendly online and mobile services to help minimize fraudulent activity from occurring on your WSB accounts.
Here are a few tips to help keep your accounts safe:
- Make sure to use a unique password for each site. This helps keep your other accounts safe if one of your passwords is compromised.
- When banking on a mobile device, the most important tip is to know where your mobile device is at all times. Make sure your phone locks after a certain amount of time (we recommend immediately) and create a password that only you know to get into your mobile device. If logging into your bank account using WiFi, only log in when connected to a secure, trusted WiFi source. This will prevent hackers from gaining access to your account.
- Keep your WSB debit and credit cards safe by using the CardValet app. With the CardValet app, you can instantly turn on and off your debit and credit card. You can get real-time alerts when your card is being used and even set transaction controls for dollar amount limits, merchant categories and geographic locations. These features ensure that you are the only one able to use your card.
Go to https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/CardValet.php to learn more about CardValet.
For more online and mobile banking tips, go to https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/online-banking-security.php
As time passes, we continue to grow, expand and try new things. What’s the latest on the West Suburban Bank front? This video!
Take a peek at how West Suburban Bank got started and why being a community-focused local bank means so much to us. Plus, learn a little about our exciting tech advancements that make banking with West Suburban Bank easier than ever. It’s very important for us to be the local bank that offers you what you need, when you need it.
We’re always working to help you out as much as possible, whether it’s through the Interactive Teller Machine (our very own real-time ATM machine where you can chat face to face with a teller), online banking or mobile banking features, our CardValet security option, account alerts or just working together here behind the bank doors.
Being one of the local banks in the Chicagoland area allows us to truly connect with our community and we wouldn’t have it any other way. So without further adieu, our latest video!
Connect With Us!
Call 630-652-2000 for information
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
First thing to do is look at a list of suggested items. Most schools provide them, if not here are some basic items:
Linens (check school’s bed dimensions)
- Extra throw blanket
- Mattress pad
- Laundry basket
- Laundry detergent
- Dryer sheets
- Mini sewing kit
- Drying Rack
- USB flash drive
- Loose leaf paper
- Calculator (see what the school recommends)
- Books (shop online for best deals)
- Lamp (if needed)
- Sticky Notes
- HDMI cord
- Mini Refrigerator
Many schools provide some items such as refrigerators and microwaves. It is important to make sure what the individual school already provides for each room.
One great way for all involved is to check with the roommate and see if there are some items to share. One roommate could buy a mini fridge and the other buys the TV. One could buy the drying rack and one can buy the other could buy the HDMI cord. One of the best ways to save money is to see what can be shared with your child and their roommate.
It is important to make sure that your child is signed up for a meal plan. Not all dorm rooms will provide a kitchen. Many schools offer different meal plans, make sure you select the one that makes the most sense for your child based on their diet. Many students like to keep food in the dorm for a quick meal or small snack, as well. Talk to your child about what would be the best for their needs.
Every parent wants to make sure that their child is not put in a situation where they do not have money in case of emergencies. Before sending them off to college, sign them up for a checking account here at West Suburban Bank. Even if they are going out of state, there is no need to change banks or get them an account at a bank near their school. If they need cash, they can always get cash back at the convenient store. If they need to deposit money into their account, they can scan their check using our mobile mBanking app.
This is an exciting time for you and your child. Enjoy it! This is their first step to becoming independent.
At West Suburban Bank, we power up business owners by helping them get equipped with our Visa® Business Credit Card.
Learn more by visiting us here: https://www.westsuburbanbank.com/business-credit-cards.php
What powers you up? #WSBPower
We are happy to announce the WSBXpress machines are coming to locations near you. The WSBXpress may look like an ordinary ATM, but offer you more of the banking services you need, with the convenience of a WSB teller being available remotely to help assist with your banking transactions.
With the new WSBXpress you can:
- Make deposits and withdrawals
- Deposit checks or cash
- Make WSB loan, Visa, and Safe Deposit Box payments
- Transfer funds between WSB accounts
Please join us to try out the new WSBXPress machines as they come to a location near you.
Darien 8001 S. Cass Ave NOW AVAILABLE!!
St. Charles 315 S. Randall Rd NOW AVAILABLE!!
Aurora Eola Road 335 N. Eola Rd NOW AVAILABLE!!
Bloomingdale 355 W. Army Trail Rd NOW AVAILABLE!!
Lombard 1122 S. Main St NOW AVAILABLE!!